Friday, October 18, 2013

Celebrating Art

5 years ago today I began VanGo Mobile Museum. Since then, this dream and project has been a significant part of my life. I've been thinking about the experiences I've had along the way, and I've decided it's all aboout balance. In art one of the Principles of Design is Balance. There are 3 kinds: symmetrical, asymmetrical, and radial. In order for a composition to be successful, the elements that are part of the design have to work together to balance each other out. Sometimes there is emphasis in one area of the design and sometimes there is harmony throughout the whole. That's up to the artist. Since I began VanGo and started this blog, the elements in the composition of my life have changed dramatically, and I find myself once more re-arranging to find balance in my life. If the next 5 years is as lively as the last five, I'm going to be having adventures and lots of fun. There have been times that it has been all work and no play. There are moments of joy that transcend anything I could have ever wished for. Not everyone has been kind, but I will always have the memories of the thousands of smiles I have shared along the way. More than anything, I'm feeling gratitude for the opportunity to make my dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment